The Exo Terra Paludarium is a semi-aquatic terrarium habitat that replicates a rainforest, swamp or stream and can harbour aquatic as well as terrestrial animal and plant species.
The word paludarium originates from the Latin work “palus” which stands for swamp.
The bottom part has an extra high front bottom glass, providing a higher water level and an increased water volume compared to common terrariums. This enables you to incorporate a substantial water part or aquarium section which allows you to keep aquatic animals and plants adjacent to the land or terrarium section. A part of the aquatic section can consist of a false bottom to support the land section, accommodate and hide the aquatic appliances like filters, pumps and water heaters and can double as a biological filtration media.
Full Glass Aqua-Terrarium Combo Features:
- Front window ventilation
- Dual doors – prevent escapes
- Raised bottom frame for the Exo Terra heat mat
- High quality stainless steel mesh for optimal ventilation & UVB penetration
- Lockable door for safety
- Four screen cover locks for security
- Background included
- Background cut-out for wires and tubing
Available Accessories (sold separately):
- Fits up to two Exo Terra Compact Top Mini Fixtures
- Ideal for use with the Exo Terra Reptile Dome (PT2348) or Light Dome (PT2055) in conjunction with the Light Bracket (PT2223)
- Slot for the Exo Terra Hygrometer (PT2477), Thermometer (PT2472) or Combometer (PT2470)
- Exo Terra Terrarium Lock (PT2620) with combination for safety and security
- Ready to install the Exo Terra Monsoon Multi (PT2493) or Monsoon Solo (PT2494) without tools
The new range of Exo Terra Paludariums will be available from January.