The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year final will take place at Crufts on Thursday 9th March 2017 at the NEC, Birmingham and be judged by Tom Mather.
The finalists qualified in heats held at London’s biggest dog event, Eukanuba Discover Dogs at ExCeL London, with 61 top young dogs competing for just ten places in the final.
The finalists competing at Crufts 2017 will be:
- Dalmatian, Offordale Larissa, owned and bred by Mrs JE Alexander.
- Australian Shepherd, Allmark Vanity Fayre, owned and bred by Mr N & Mrs AE Allan and Mr R Harlow.
- Rottweiler, Jodipas Time, owned and bred by Mr J and Mrs D Allen.
- Siberian Husky, Ninlil of Poliarine Arktika Over Zanjelic, owned by Mrs ET Ashcroft. Bred by Mrs E Sutiene.
- Irish Red & White Setter, Killary’s Grand Venture with Vanders and Romaunt, owned by Mrs J Barney and Mrs J Howatson. Bred by Mesdames Peterson & Zawikowski and Mr and Mrs Harrison.
- Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Charibere Simply Magic at Chezanna, owned by Mrs C Kenyon, Miss L Bermingham and Mr A Ward. Bred by Mrs L Marston.
- Bullmastiff, Hyerdunscar The Big Tease, owned and bred by Mrs J Lindley.
- Whippet, Nevedith Zufor Zeffa, owned and bred by Miss E Newton.
- Siberian Husky, One in a Million Legend of the Spirit, owned by Mrs RJ and Mr DA Simms. Bred by Mrs I Krieger.
- Poodle (Standard), Kossab Kijaka With Anorien, owned by Miss K Young. Bred by Mrs G Brekkarud.
The Junior Warrant is an award for pedigree dogs from the ages of 6 to 18 months which have won a series of first prizes at both open and championship shows. Achieving a Junior Warrant is one of the highest levels of success for young pedigree show dogs.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition is held annually and is for dogs which have gained the title of Junior Warrant during the previous year. The final will take place on Thursday 9th March 2017 and will be just one of the many and varied activities taking place at Crufts from 9th – 12th March 2017.
Gerald King, Crufts Chairman, said: “The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition throws the spotlight on young dogs competing at Crufts. All the great dogs who have triumphed at the show over the years had to start somewhere, so who knows what this might lead to? This year’s final could see a star of the future emerge! We wish all the competitors the best of luck and a very enjoyable show.”
To find out more about the Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition, please visit www.thekennelclub.org.uk/juniorwarrant.